A total of 10 sewage treatment works had been identified under the Water Framework Directive for revised Phosphorus or Ammonia consents under a No Deterioration scheme which came into effect in March 2018.
The sites on the scheme ranged in size and complexity, from very small biological filter works serving approximately 600 population equivalent, through to large activated sludge type works serving over 143,000 population equivalent. The geographical locations of the site cover vast areas of Thames Water’s region including; Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Surrey, Berkshire, Hampshire and Gloucestershire.
The installation works completed throughout the entire scheme involved the following;
- Ferric Dosing Plants
- Aeration Upgrades
- Tertiary Treatment Pile cloth Media Filters
- Increased Sludge Handling Facilities
- Secondary Effluent Recirculation
- Refurbishment of Biological Filters
- MCC & ICA Upgrades
- HV Electrical Works
Our scope on the whole project included the following services:
- Full development of detailed electronic format Operations & Maintenance Manuals (O&Ms) for all 10 sites throughout the entire scheme.
- Completion of CDM Health & Safety Files for each of the sites.
- Asset Registration
- Onsite Installation of Thames Water Asset Barcodes
- Liaison and collaboration with all subcontractors involved on the scheme to co-ordinate the required documentation and drawings and ensure full compliance with the end clients specific standards.
- Providing As-Constructed Asset Photographs.
To complete the above services, our project team visited each and every site to collect all required information. Throughout the duration of the project we attended numerous progress / handover meetings including meeting Thames Water’s Operations Representatives to discuss technical elements of the documentation.
Throughout the project we worked very closely with SMB JV’s project team including design engineers, handover co-ordinators and project manager to ensure all documentation deliverables were submitted on time and to the required high standard expected.
October 2017 – April 2019
Skanska MWH Balfour Beatty Joint Venture (SMB JV)