3rd Light Media was awarded the contract, as Principal Contractor, responsible for the design & build of a solution to address the network resilience issues faced on a key 24” main within the Affinity Water network. A 450mm electrically actuated valve was installed which now allows water to be transferred in parallel to the existing 500mm valve connection. The valve is controlled either locally through a control panel or by telemetry by pulsing it open or closed in order to achieve the required flow as measured by a new flow meter located upstream on the 500mm link main.
In a company first, 3rd Light Media was awarded the role as Principal Contractor, responsible for the full design, onsite installation and commissioning. A long-standing working relationship with our electrical installation subcontractor; Carlton Controls Ltd. ensured the project was delivered to the client on time and within budget.
The main scope of the works delivered on this project included:
- Installation of a new control panel to provide automatic control of both the existing 500mm & new 450mm actuated control valves.
- Installation of new cabling between the existing and new kiosks, including mains power supply to the new kiosk.
- Installation of a new telemetry outstation to provide remote control of both 500mm & 450mm actuated valves.
- Commissioning of the new 450mm actuated valve, including a full Site Acceptance Test and telemetry end-to-end testing.
- Full provision of associated project and site documentation including;
- Functional Design Specification
- Factory Acceptance Test (FAT)
- Site Acceptance Test (SAT)
- Commissioning Plan
- Operations & Maintenance Manuals (O&Ms)
- As-Built Drawings (Site Plans, P&IDs, Process Flows, Single Line Diagrams, Electrical Schematics).
- Cable Schedules, NICEIC Certification
- Training Manuals
- Health & Safety File
- Asset Registration
- Asset Identification Tagging
October 2018 – February 2019