Acton Storm Tanks was an emergency project in response to an abatement notice that was issued to the site 16 July 2015. There was a history of noise and odour complaints at the site due to the proximity of local residents. The site serves as a sewage pumping station and a storm relief facility.
The main scope of the works delivered under the project was as follows:
- Odour control covers for two of the storm tanks on the site (Storm Tanks 3 and 4).
- Odour treatment for air extracted from beneath the covers of these tanks.
- Modification to the tank filling sequence to mitigate the use of the other tanks which do not have odour control measures in place
Our scope on the project included the following services:
- Full development of a detailed electronic format Operations & Maintenance Manual.
- Updating the Site Operating Manual (SOM)
- Completion of the CDM Health & Safety File.
- Technical writing of updates to the Control Philosophy.
- AutoCAD drawing updates.
- Liaison and collaboration with all subcontractors involved on the scheme to co-ordinate the required documentation and drawings and ensure full compliance with the end clients specific standards.
- Providing As-Constructed Asset Photographs.
Site visits were completed to collect all required information for inclusion in the various handover documents.
Throughout the project we worked very closely with SMB JV’s project team including design engineers, handover co-ordinators and project manager to ensure all documentation deliverables were submitted on time and to the required high standard expected.
October 2017 – April 2018
Skanska MWH Balfour Beatty Joint Venture (SMB JV)